Tools I Use
In this article, I list the tools I use for my projects. Additionally, I show you the equipment I use to run my business.
I’ll update this list when I add/remove woodworking tools or epoxy resin tools from my shop.
A Craftsman’s Tools
Every craftsman uses tools no matter their skill level.
Some enjoy the top-of-the-line tools.
Others take pride in using only simple antique/vintage hand tools.
As the popular phrase goes “the skill is not within the tool, but within the craftsman” is very true.
However, many people believe the opposite.
Regardless, every craftsman or DIY’er started with something simple.
My First Tool Purchase
I started making things with a craftsman circular saw and a Ryobi miter saw.
Essentially, I purchased these tools to cut plywood and 2x4s to board up my house 3 days before Hurricane Katrina in August of 2005.
Before this tool purchase, I had a drill and an assortment of cheap screwdrivers and wrenches.
Both of these tools served me well for a long time.
Tool Buying Tips
Ultimately, I encourage you to buy tools as you need them.
Over time, your tool collection will grow and your own style will emerge.
These tools are by no means the #1 tools on the market. Rather, they are simply tools I use b/c they work for me.
Additionally, I own more tools that are not in this list because I don’t recommend them.
Ultimately, take all that with a grain of salt because I haven’t tried every tool out there.
Best Epoxy Resin Tools and Materials
It’s not hard to figure out I like to work with Epoxy Resin. In turn, I decided all things epoxy resin related needed it’s own section.
- Festool TS 75 EQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw
- Festool 55″ Guide Rail
- Festool Carvex Jigsaw
- Laguna 14-12 BX Bandsaw (replaced Grizzly G0555lx)
- Miter Saw
- Jig saw
- Table Saw
- Table Saw Blade
- Kreg True-flex featherboard
- Clamping Straight Edge Guide
- Push-Bloc Pad for Table Saw
- GRR-Ripper Pushblock
- Festool MFT3
- Digital Laser Distance Measure/Rangefinder
- 6″ Combination Square
- 45/90 degree layout miter gauge
- Tape Measure
- Digital Protractor with 10″ Rule
- Electronic Digital Caliper
- 12″ Combination Square
- Speed Square
- Corner Clamp
- Magnetic torpedo level
- Magnetic I-beam Level
- Horizontal Quick Release Toggle Clamp
- Parallel Clamps
- Camera – Panasonic Lumix G7
- DSLR Accessories (Model Specific)
- Liberator Battery Door Clearance Plate (solves battery/memory card access)
- Panasonic Camera Charger Kit (AC adapter for filming)
- This is very handy. Eliminates the need to use batteries while filming.
- Flash Memory
- Extra Batteries
- Camera external Microphone
- Shoulder strap for camera
- Macbook Pro
- NAS system (Network Attached Storage)
- LG External Monitor
- Final Cut Pro (Video Editing) – Purchase from app store
- Voice over Microphone
- Wind Screen for Microphone
- Video Conferencing: Skype and Webex.
- Domain & Web Hosting – SiteGround
- Youtube Management/Analytics – TubeBuddy
- Photo Editing – PicMonkey
The tools below help me run this website more efficiently. In short, they are important to me and I use them multiple times per day.
Get 25% Off DIY Plans
25% off code will be delivered to your Inbox. **Check your Junk Folder**